The HIV Walk New Mexico & 5K Fun Run will take place in beautiful North Course-UNM Golf Course (2201 Tucker Ave. NE) on September 30, 2018.
Day of Event Schedule
12:00 PM Registration
12:30 PM Opening Ceremonies/Welcome
1:00 PM Walk/Run Starts
2:00 PM Closing Ceremonies/Awards
2:30 PM Entertainment
4:00 PM Walk/Run Village Closes
What to Bring?
- Your collected donations (please convert cash into a cashier’s check or money order)
- Your completed donation form
Please note – One donation form and envelope per participant, please.
What do I do when I arrive at the event?
- If you raised funds online or have funds to turn in:
- Head to the Check-In tent in the Walk Village to turn-in all last-minute donations. Please make sure that your donation form & envelope have your name & the name of your team on them. All registered participants (individuals AND members of a team) who have raised funds need to Check In.
- In order to give appropriate credit for fundraising, each donation form & envelope should only have one participant name on them.
- In order to expedite the check-in process, please have your donation amounts totaled prior to arriving at the Check-In tent.
- If you are eligible for fundraising awards, you will be given ticket which can be used to collect your fundraising awards. Awards are for individual fundraising efforts.
- Once checked in, then proceed to your team meeting space or the fundraising awards tent.
- If you did NOT raise funds online and do NOT have funds to turn in:
- Proceed to the Donation tent. We ask you to donate $25 to support HIV Walk New Mexico & 5K Fun Run.
- Proceed to your team meeting space.
Volunteer photographers will be on hand to take a team photo of you and your group. E-mail us after the event (THSinfo@unmmg.org) to get a copy of your photo. Team photos will be taken between 12 PM and 1:45 PM. Gather your team near the HWNM5k banner near the stage and photographers will snap your picture. Team photos will not be available after the Walk begins. We recommend carrying a team sign so that your team can be identified in photos and along the walk route. Have fun, be creative and show your HIV Walk New Mexico & 5K Fun Run pride.
Additional Tips and Suggestions
- Pick a team meeting spot in advance. This will be a good frame of reference should you and the members of your team get separated.
- We recommend that you bring a cell phone to the park so that you can contact those you are hoping to meet up with. There will be no announcements for “lost folks” from the stage.
- You should wear comfortable, light clothing such as shorts and comfortable tennis shoes. If the weather forecast calls for it, bring sunglasses; sunscreen; a disposable poncho or an umbrella in case of rain; and any other personal items you might need. HIV Walk New Mexico & 5K Fun Run is Rain or Shine!
- Water will be available along the route.
- Please check the weather forecast in advance and dress appropriately.
- Enjoy the day!